The University of Virginia subscribes to, creates, and contributes to multiple data sources available for use by researchers.
UVA Library's Data Discovery service works with researchers to identify existing data sources and provides support for querying and downloading datasets from multiple software tools and online databases. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many research projects share their data in disciplinary or institutional repositories. Datasets and other final, publishable products of research born at UVA may be submitted to Libra Data in order to preserve them and make them accessible worldwide. In addition to sharing your own collections this way, you can search this and other existing repositories for relevant secondary data. Learn more about Libra Data.
- Libra Data uses the same platform as Harvard's Dataverse which hosts the world's largest collection of social science research. Cross links from Libra Data to Harvard’s and other Dataverses will be active in October 2016.
- Registry of Research Data Repositories (re3data): The largest and most comprehensive registry of data repositories available on the web.
- See the UVA Library's Research Data Management resources for more subject-specific and community-endorsed repositories.
- For a wider range of openly accessible UVA research, please search the Libra Scholarly Repository via the Library’s online Virgo catalog
The UVA Library manages a collection of datasets and licensed data for academic research and teaching purposes, including:
- Major social science data archives: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) and Roper Center for Public Opinion Research;
- U.S. Government data: Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics, and other federal agencies, including U.S. import and export data through USA Trade Online;
- International data: Including the OECD iLibrary, the IMF eLibrary Data.
- Licensed sources like Social Explorer, GeoLytics, CPS Utilities, dataZoa, Nielsen Marketing Data, Infogroup U.S. Historical Business data, and more.
Contact UVA Library’s Data Discovery at email@example.com to learn more.
The UVA Library's Research Data Management service works with researchers in understanding and meeting funder’s requirements, including assistance in drafting and reviewing data management plans, selecting appropriate active data storage, choosing a repository, and preparing research data for archiving. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Restricted Access Data
The Clinical Data Repository (CDR) is a data warehouse containing information about patients seen at the University of Virginia Health System. It provides researchers, clinicians, and students with direct access to detailed, flexible and rapid retrospective views of de-identified clinical and financial patient data.
Questions/comments about this page? email@example.com